Francois Legault did not mince words when he said he had bad news for Quebecers while starting his press conference on Thursday, as the premier said that nearly 4,000 cases of COVID would be announced on Friday.
The premier announced a multitude of restrictions, including cutting capacity limits in half for businesses, bars, restaurants, and places of worship.
The premier once again urged Quebecers to get their third dose of vaccine, and called for the province to be strong in the coming weeks.
New restrictions will begin on Monday.
"Businesses are going to be reduced capacity to 50 percent, and bars, restaurants, showrooms, theatres, will also going to reduce capacity at 50 percent," he said.
High schools will also be returning a week later than normal, though primary schools will reopen on schedule following the Christmas break.
Families will also have to cut their guest lists in half, as the premier said that the previously announced 20 person limit will be lowered to 10.
"Even 10 people have to be very prudent and just do what is absolutely necessary. There are risks in homes," he said.
"First of all, it's important to say that you know, airing out is important -- to open, you know, a window in the house, to have air circulation," he said, "and to be very, very prudent with vulnerable people."
Outdoor activities and sporting events remain the same, except for competitions which will be prohibited.
Join and support independent free thinkers!
We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.
Remind me in September