Use code TPM for up to 66% off at MyPillow.com

ADVERTISEMENT
Canadian News Aug 19, 2020 7:19 PM EST

BREAKING: Treasury Board officials told Trudeau that WE Charity did not have capacity to handle contract

Treasury Board officials did not believe that WE had the capacity to facilitate the $900 million contract.

BREAKING: Treasury Board officials told Trudeau that WE Charity did not have capacity to handle contract
Nico Johnson Montreal, QC

This article was published more than 1 year ago, information might not be up to date.

In another stunning blow to the prime minister's story regarding the WE scandal, it was revealed on Wednesday that Treasury Board officials did not believe that WE had the capacity to facilitate the $900 million contract.

When asked to analyze WE's role in the student job's program, Treasury Board officials concluded that there was no evidence that WE had "capacity to undertake this work, especially under accelerated timelines."

"Furthermore, the tracking of hours by a third-party may be challenging," they added. It may "result in potential integrity concerns should students not be honest about hours accrued."

This is damaging to the prime minister as he previously suggested under testimony that WE was the only organization in Canada who could carry out this contract.

Moreover, recent revelations also showed that WE had to outsource their Quebec-based program to a PR company. This was due to the fact that they had no organizational structure in la belle province; further undermining the government's claim that they were the sole organization prepared to handle this program.  

On Tuesday, the prime minister chose to prorogue parliament, thereby limiting the ability of committees to properly examine the government's role in the WE scandal. This move drew international attention, with headlines reading "Trudeau accused of attempting to cover up scandal by proroguing parliament."

As well as this, many of the documents given to the committees before the prorogation had been either restricted or had certain sections redacted. The Shadow Finance Minister Pierre Poilievre told reporters that "this is a cover up."

"The prime minister personally intervened to give half a billion dollar grant to a group that had paid his family half a million dollars. He is covering it up by blacking it out, and shutting down our investigations," he added.

Ads by revcontent

Join and support independent free thinkers!

We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.

Support The Post Millennial