Update: Meta has reinstated presidential candidate Robert F Kennedy Jr’s personal Instagram account. In a statement, Meta Spokesman Andy Stone said, "As he is now an active candidate for president of the United States, we have restored access to Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.’s Instagram account."
Democratic presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr revealed on Thursday that when his campaign uses the TeamKennedy email address to set up accounts on Instagram, they are automatically banned from Instagram for 180 days.
Kennedy Jr praised Twitter for allowing his campaign to have a voice, adding, "To silence a major political candidate is profoundly undemocratic. Social media is the modern equivalent of the town square. How can democracy function if only some candidates have access to it?"
In response, Twitter owner and CEO Elon Musk replied: “Would you like to do a Spaces discussion with me next week?”
Chet Long, Founder and Senior Partner of Web360 Global, announced he would be hosting the upcoming Twitter Spaces event, calling it a “Presidential Town Hall,” this coming Monday at 2 PM.
Robert F. Kennedy Jr announced in April that he is running as a Democrat and challenging President Joe Biden for the Democratic nomination for President of the United States. While Kennedy Jr does have his own personal Instagram account with 11.9 thousand followers, his tweet alleges that Instagram is blocking his campaign email from setting up new accounts. Instagram’s automated reply states: “Your account, or activity on it, doesn’t follow Community Guidelines on account integrity and authentic identity.”
In February 2021, AP News reported that Instagram banned Kennedy Jr for “repeatedly posting misinformation about vaccine safety and COVID-19.” A spokesperson for Facebook, which owns Instagram, said, “We removed this account for repeatedly sharing debunked claims about the coronavirus or vaccines.”
Last month Elon Musk expressed his disappointment with the DNC for not holding primary debates. Fox News reported that Musk said, “We will do our best to support candidates from all parties, so that the public may make the most informed choice. Far too much backroom dealing seems to be happening.” In May, Republican Presidential Candidate and Florida Governor Ron DeSantis announced his candidacy in a Twitter Space. Last year, Musk tweeted that he would support DeSantis if he ran.
Join and support independent free thinkers!
We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.
Remind me next month