EXCLUSIVE: Seattle firefighters ordered to remove 'Thin Blue Line' flag after complaints

The Seattle firefighter union voted this month to divide the proceeds from the sale of Thin Red Line apparel "equally (50/50) between Widow and Orphans Fund and BLM."

Ari Hoffman Seattle WA
Firefighters in Seattle were instructed to take down a "Thin Blue Line" flag from the public area of one of the fire stations. The flag a symbol that shows support for police officers. A similar symbol, with a thin red line, represents firefighters. Merchandise with that symbol are sold by the local firefighters union. It was recently decided that proceeds from the sale of "Thin Red Line" apparel would be donated to BLM.

The Seattle Fire Department told The Post Millennial in a statement, "leadership made a management decision to have a Thin Blue Line flag removed from a public area in one of the fire stations. While the SFD fully supports our law enforcement partners, the flag’s original meaning of support for police has been coopted by its use at rallies for extremist groups."

Sources inside the department told the Ari Hoffman Show on Talk Radio 570 KVI that following a media event earlier this month at Fire Station 10, "someone complained" and then they were instructed to remove the flag by Seattle Fire Chief Harold Scoggins.

Following previous "complaints" in June 2022, Scoggins banned the term "brown out" from the department, a term used when discussing units taken offline due to staffing shortages.

Recently, the local firefighters union stopped selling "Thin Red Line" apparel.

According to the minutes of a January 2023 meeting of the Seattle Firefighters Union Local 27 obtained by The Post Millennial, a motion passed to "reinstate selling these items in the Union Store" by a vote of 37-31.

However, during the discussion, the motion was "reworded" to be "more inclusive of all nations, paid and volunteer sacrifices and Line of Duty Deaths."

There was then a motion to "donate ten percent of Thin Red Line items" revenue "to the Widow and Orphans Fund" for fallen firefighters. It was seconded but then the discussion amended the motion to increase the percentage to 20 percent and another motion was made to give the "remaining 80% to BLM."

The motion was amended and passed to divide the proceeds from the sale of Thin Red Line apparel "equally (50/50) between Widow and Orphans Fund and BLM." This was after allegations of fraud and corruption have been leveled at the organization and its founding members.

According to sources inside the department, during the deadly Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone, during which Antifa and BLM took over 6 blocks of Seattle, Scoggins ordered that thousands of dollars of "frontline" department equipment be turned over to the Antifa/BLM "medics" in the zone. This equipment allegedly included Ladder 6’s stokes basket, a hard stretcher device used as a lifting device that can be carried.

Texts obtained by The Post Millennial revealed that Scoggins along with other city officials were also coordinating with the so-called "warlord" of the autonomous zone, Raz Simone, during the armed occupation. 

A federal judge recently sanctioned the city when the majority of the texts between officials including Scoggins during the occupation were revealed to have been intentionally destroyed.  

Join and support independent free thinkers!

We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.

Support The Post Millennial

Remind me next month

To find out what personal data we collect and how we use it, please visit our Privacy Policy

By signing up you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy
© 2024 The Post Millennial, Privacy Policy | Do Not Sell My Personal Information