The below tweet shows a video montage of numerous instances where a prominent Democrat had no problem telling supporters to "fight", or saying that they will "fight" in some way shape or form:
This montage was shown on the Senate floor during Trump's impeachment proceedings on Friday by David Shoen, a Trump Attorney.
The video in its entirety is just short of eight minutes long, and it goes through example after example of Democrats saying publicly they will "fight". Many of these clips are from 2016, in the wake of Trump winning the presidency. Other clips refer precisely to the impeachment process now taking place.
Some of them actually use the term "fight like hell" which were the exact words of former President Donald Trump as he spoke to the crowd at the Capitol on Jan. 6, the day of the riots.
Among the high-profile Democrats shown in the video talking about "fighting" are:
- Senator Elizabeth Warren (on eight separate occasions within the video)
- Senator Mark Warner of Virginia
- Senator Jon Tester of Montana (in a commercial for his Senate campaign)
- Senator Jacky Rosen of Nevada (who says "fight like hell")
- Senator Maria Cantwell of Washington State
- Senator Chris Coons of Delaware
- Senator Martin Heinrich of New Mexico
- Senator Tammy Baldwin of Wisconsin
- Senator Chuck Shumer of New York
- Senator Joe Manchin of West Virginia
- Senator Raphael Warnock of Georgia
- Senator Patrick Leahy of Vermont (who is also the President Pro Tempore of the Senate)
- Senator Alex Padilla of California (Kamala Harris's replacement)
- Vice-President Kamala Harris
The video clip finishes with Shoen saying:
"Every single one of you, and every one of you [indicating people present on the Senate floor]... that's OK; you didn't do anything wrong. It's a word people use."
"But please stop the hypocrisy."