Former President Donald Trump said that he would not be returning to Twitter, despite the purchase by free speech champion Elon Musk. Trump said he would opt instead for his own Truth Social network over the next week.
"I am not going on Twitter, I am going to stay on TRUTH," Trump said. "I hope Elon buys Twitter because he’ll make improvements to it and he is a good man, but I am going to be staying on TRUTH."
Trump told Fox News in an exclusive statement that he will begin "TRUTHing" over the next week.
"We’re taking in millions of people, and what we’re finding is that the response on TRUTH is much better than being on Twitter," Trump said. "Twitter has bots and fake accounts, and we are doing everything we can."
"The bottom line is, no, I am not going back to Twitter," he said.
Musk's statements on free expression has garnered the attention of many who believe that the platform is in need of a free speech overhaul. Trump's account has been suspended since two days after the Capitol riot of January 6, 2021.
Twitter said in a statement on January 8 that the then-president's account had been suspended "after close review of recent Tweets from the @realDonaldTrump account and the context around them — specifically how they are being received and interpreted on and off Twitter — we have permanently suspended the account due to the risk of further incitement of violence," they wrote at the time.
Join and support independent free thinkers!
We’re independent and can’t be cancelled. The establishment media is increasingly dedicated to divisive cancel culture, corporate wokeism, and political correctness, all while covering up corruption from the corridors of power. The need for fact-based journalism and thoughtful analysis has never been greater. When you support The Post Millennial, you support freedom of the press at a time when it's under direct attack. Join the ranks of independent, free thinkers by supporting us today for as little as $1.
Remind me next month